Registered voters in DeKalb County looking to cast an absentee ballot for the Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, general election are encouraged to begin the process now by visiting www.dekalbvotes.com. The application is the first step in obtaining an absentee ballot and voters who plan to vote absentee are highly encouraged to apply right away.
An application for an absentee ballot can be submitted in several ways:
- Print and fill out the application online at www.dekalbvotes.com, sign the application, take a photo or scan and email to [email protected]
- Print out the application from www.dekalbvotes.com, fill it out, and hand deliver or mail to: 4380 Memorial Drive Suite 300 Decatur, GA 30032
- Print out the application from www.dekalbvotes.com and fax it to: (404) 298-4038.
Once DeKalb County receives an application, it takes an average of three days to process. Application status can be viewed by visiting the Georgia Secretary of State My Voter page at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP.
Upon receiving a ballot, voters have several options for casting their ballot:
- Return the completed ballot by mail with a postmark date of Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 or earlier.
- Bring the completed ballot to your early voting location and drop it off.
- Bring the completed ballot to a secure drop box location by Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 at 7 p.m. Locations can be viewed at www.dekalbvotes.com.
As a reminder, registered voters may only vote once. Voters who request an absentee ballot but decide to vote in-person can bring their absentee ballot to their registered polling place and exchange the ballot for an opportunity to vote in-person. Once an absentee ballot has been received and approved by DeKalb County Voter Registration and Election Office, no other ballot will be issued.
For additional information on key dates, contacts, and sample visit here