In the meantime, library staff have been working hard to shift focus to a virtual environment with these changes:
- It’s now easier to get a library card online for quick access to all digital resources such as OverDrive, RB Digitial, PressReader and more.
- Fines on all materials currently checked out have been suspended. The library will continue to adjust due dates on all items so that patrons will not be penalized for any late fees.
- The number of checkouts from OverDrive, the main eBook resource, has been increased. There’s also been a shift to purchase more content on digital platforms.
- There’s a new digital resource called hoopla! It is a streaming service that has video, eBooks, music, comic books and more. It is expected to go live soon.
- There is lots of new virtual programming for both children and adults on the social media channels, such as Facebook and Instagram and through other video conferencing platforms like Zoom and Google Hangouts. The library is doing its best to reinvent the in-branch experience with virtual storytimes, craft programs, book discussions and more.
- Staff continues to answer phone inquiries at 404-508-7190. Press zero and leave a message. The messages are retrieved remotely and they try to respond within 24 hours.
Visit here for library information and programs.