Please check here for links to local DeKalb County Government Offices. You will also find other links in the county that have been suggested to us. If you have a site that you would like for us to link too, please contact us. We will be glad to review your suggestion to place a link on the Web site.
- Board of Commissioners: The Board of Commissioners serves as the legislative branch of the DeKalb County government.
- Budget: The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) oversees the annual budget process, prepares the county’s budget documents and makes recommendations with regard to short and long term financial plans.
- Code Compliance: DeKalb County Code Compliance (formerly, Code Enforcement) strives to provide consistent, fair, and accurate enforcement services via Property Maintenance and Zoning.
- Community Development: The Community Development Department works primarily with funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to help develop viable urban communities.
- DeKalb County Government: DeKalb County Government’s web site.
- DeKalb Beautification Unit: Keep DeKalb Beautiful’s mission is to improve the quality of life for DeKalb citizens through educational programs, county services and community-oriented projects.
- DeKalb Child Advocacy Center: The DeKalb County Child Advocacy Center provides legal representation and ongoing advocacy for children in foster care.
- District Attorney: The DA’s Office prosecutes all felony crimes committed in the county.
- Economic Development: The Economic Development Department is dedicated to bringing prosperity to DeKalb County through new investment, expanding existing industry, and developing sustainable economic strategies for balanced growth in every DeKalb community.
- Family & Children Services: The Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) provides numerous support services and innovative programs to help families in need.
- Fire Rescue: Fire and Rescue Department providing fire suppression, emergency medical services, and fire safety education to the population of DeKalb County.
- Planning & Sustainability: The Planning and Development Department is responsible for a wide range of activities that result in improving life of all DeKalb county residents.
- Police Services: The men and women of the DeKalb County Police Department proudly serve over 700,000 citizens within a 271 square mile radius. It’s the department’s mission to enhance the quality of life in DeKalb County by working cooperatively with the public and within the framework of the U.S. Constitution to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment.
- Property Appraisal: The Property Appraisal & Assessment Department is responsible for the annual valuation of all taxable real and personal property in DeKalb County and producing a timely, equitable and acceptable tax digest for DeKalb County that meets all state statutes and legal requirements of the Georgia Department of Revenue.
- Public Library: The library enlightens and enriches the people of DeKalb County by providing responsive, dynamic services that meet the changing informational needs of a diverse population.
- Roads & Drainage: The Roads and Drainage Division of Public Works is responsible for performing all needed repairs, maintenance, construction and upgrades to the county’s roadway system, including bridges, drainage structures and traffic control devices.
- Recreation, Parks & Cultural Affairs: Creating and connecting communities through people, parks and programs.
- Sanitation: DeKalb County Sanitation Division provides solid waste, recyclable materials and yard trimmings collection as a basic and important core service to county residents.
- Senior Affairs: The Office of Senior Affairs was established in 1999 to serve DeKalb County’s growing and diverse senior citizen population.
- Sheriff: The sheriff has the responsibility of protecting life and property, and for preservation of the public peace.
- Solicitor General: The mission of the Solicitor’s Office is to prosecute all of the misdemeanor crimes occurring within DeKalb County in a professional and just manner.
- Tax Commissioner: In addition to accessing information concerning the Titling & Registration of Motor Vehicles, visitors to this Web site may now review and pay their Property Taxes.
- Voter Registration & Elections: Serves the public and register all eligible citizens to vote and assign voters to respective precints in accordance with state and federal laws.
Sign Up for Code Red
CodeRed provides emergency notifications to citizens who sign up. Register here.